The smallest change can be the most effective. When it comes to diet, we don't believe in making drastic changes.
Z-Ora Founder, Isabelle Zapf advises "When it comes to attaining a healthy diet - remember that if you create small changes and turn them into habit - you get a successful lasting result."
Here are a few of Isabelle's daily nutrition tips - they are perfect even on the busiest of days!
- Have a glass of warm water with lemon first thing in the morning as it helps to wake up the digestive system.
- Try to stick to three meals a day and avoid snacking in order to keep your blood sugar stable, which leads to less cravings and a better mood.
- Make sure to include fresh foods in your meals such as fresh fruits and vegetables to get all essential minerals and vitamins.
- Instead of going on a strict diet, go for a balanced diet which includes complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats that keeps you filled for long to avoid cravings.
- Avoid high sugar foods to reduce spiked blood sugar and insulin levels. This causes a fleeting energy boost that is quickly followed by a sharp drop which will make your energy level fluctuate drastically.
- Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day for your body to operate properly, ideally 2-3 litres a day - this varies according to the environment you are in, the season and the activities you have lined up for the day.
- On a busy day when you cannot ensure your normal meals, take nutritious snacks with you to keep you fuelled especially if eating on time seems impossible.
When you live a busy lifestyle, a healthy and nutritious breakfast is necessary to fuel you up for the day ahead!
Z-Ora Superfood Bowls were curated with the intention of providing a nutritious and easy-to-prepare meal especially on busy days when you’re traveling. Just add your favourite plant based milk or yoghurt, soak for 20min or overnight and it’s ready to be enjoyed!