A nutritious and oh so delicious Banana Bread recipe by the amazing Michelle Den Hollander. Michelle is a nutritionist, hormone expert, catwalk trainer and producer of @themodelshealthpledge. She believes in the power of a healthy and balanced lifestyle, having a diet that results in a healthy weight and great energy that will help you function throughout the whole day, every single day.
What you need:
- Food processor, blender or hand blender with high measuring cup
1. Preheat the oven to 170 °C and grease the cake tin with coconut oil.
2. Add the oats to the food processor and mix to flour.
3. Combine the oat flour with the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Now add the bananas and eggs (substitute linseed mix with water for vegan option) to the food processor and mix (it doesn't necessarily have to be completely smooth). Add the mixture to a large bowl with all the dry ingredients and stir well with a whisk.
5. Add the 100g Z-Ora Balance Bowl to the mix and blend in evenly.
6. Last but not least, add 1 tablespoon of (apple) vinegar to the dough along with a teaspoon of baking soda. Give it a quick final stir and then put the dough in the cake tin. Place the banana bread in the oven for 40-50 minutes (every oven bakes differently, so you may want to check it a little earlier).
* Check after 40 minutes. It may take a few more minutes, depending on the size of your cake pan and your oven.
Let it cool and then remove it from the tin.
Cut and serve with a smile!